Saturday, December 26, 2009

Letters, Letters, Letters





Instead of doing a gift exchange this year, I had the kids do affirmation letters to each of their classmates. We began the project right before Thanksgiving. The students had to write a paragraph in letter format to each student. Then, we had bags hanging around the room that each one decorated. When they were finished with a letter, they were able to put it in that person's bag. All the students finished the project by writing 23 letters each in a little over a month. I participated and wrote letters to each of them, so they had to write to me also. I could not believe their excitement when it came time for them to open all the letters. They were more interested in reading their letters than eating and drinking their treats. I saw lots of smiles around the room, so here are some pictures to share!

No comments: